Thursday, July 2, 2020 CPC Quick Notes
Praying for Our Community…
- Those who mourn the loss of loved ones.
- Those recovering surgery and those awaiting surgery.
- Lois Krook, Verla Stabe, Syd Gray, Peggy Marshall, Marianne Loscheider, Al & Sharon, Jeanne Jondreau, Dean & Julie Dahline, Delores Reich, Greg Powell
- Prayers for those in nursing homes and assisted livings that are separated from their families.
- Our CPC congregation as we look to the future
- Those with cancer, dementia, Alzheimer’s, and other illness
- Those traveling
- Families & individuals managing mental health and addiction
- Our country
- Victims and families of violence & racism
- May healing of the world begin, and may it begin with us
- We pray for our nurses, doctors, essential workers, all of those on the front lines and those ill as our country and the world struggles with the Covid-19 virus.
- Presbytery of Northern Waters Prayer Rotation
First Presbyterian Church of Hurley, WI – Rev. Donald Nickolson, Stated Supply
Join us for virtual worship for on Sunday at 10am!
The Worship Service will be live on Facebook at 10am.
It will also be available to view on YouTube (a link will be emailed.)
The service will also air on ICTV.
Pastor Cheryl will be leading worship this week.
Pastor Cheryl’s puppet will be Grace the Koala.
- Confirmands, you have some gifts here at the church! You can pick the items up during office hours, M-TH, 8-3:30pm.
- CPC has created a SMART team in researching and planning the next steps in reopening. There are many items to be addressed. You can access this link https://mn.gov/deed/assets/worship-guidance-ACC_tcm1045-433301.pdf to see all of the items. Your CPC Smart team members are Pastor Cheryl, Lay Pastor Mary, Elder Dennis Anderson and Jennifer Fasteland
- Watch for details of a Parking Lot Worship Service to come out later this month. The tentative date for the first outdoor worship will be Sunday, August 2. There is a committee working on the details.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Masks will be required.
- You can bring lawn chairs but sit socially distant from those not in your household.
- Greet each other with a wave.
More details will be coming later this month.
- A CPC Zoom Coffee Hour is set up for each Thursday and Sunday at 10:30am. All you have to do is clink on the link and you’ll be able to have coffee and a chat with your friends virtually! After you click the link for the first time you may have to install Zoom.
- The Tuesday Bible Study is now being held on zoom at 9:30am each Tuesday.
- We now have online giving! Log on at www.communitypresbyterianchurch.com. You will see a Give Now option on the homepage, as well as on the Be Involved/Stewardship page. There is also QR code, that may show up in our bulletin insert in the coming days.
- If you need assistance with food, the PSJC would like to remind you to reach out to Second Harvest. Also, Second Harvest is in need of volunteers. An email went out with the guidelines to volunteer and a link to sign up. If you need that information again, just contact me in the office and I will be happy to resend it!
- Midday Prayer Services is each Wednesday via Facebook & YouTube with Pastor Cheryl.
- If anyone is interested in recording Sunday worship services, please contact the office.
- The office will be closed Monday, July 6.
- Thank you for all the donations! It is much appreciated!
There are still 6 take-home packets available to claim by July 20.
Pick up and delivery will take place on July 27.
God’s Blessings to each of you!
Cheryl, Mary, Jennifer, Darcy, Cheryl, Mary Jo and Vangie