Wednesday, January 22, 2020 CPC Quick Notes
Praying for Our Community…
- Those who mourn the loss of loved ones.
- Those recovering surgery and those awaiting surgery.
- Kathleen Blake, KC and Juliet Jones, Lois Krook, Gail Schaar, Shirley Johnson, Julie Jondreau, Verla Stabe, Kay Olson, Syd Gray
- Our CPC congregation as we look to the future
- Those with cancer, dementia, Alzheimer’s, and other illness
- Those traveling
- Families & individuals managing mental health and addiction
- Our country
- Victims and families of violence & racism
- May healing of the world begin, and may it begin with us
- Presbytery of Northern Waters Prayer Rotation
Bowstring Chapel- Sharon Lewis- Pulpit Supply
Join us on Sunday at 10AM for worship – Reverend Dr. Cheryl Fleckenstein
Holy Tollers and Jubilee Ringers will be leading worship music this Sunday!
- We now have online giving! Log on at www.communitypresbyterianchurch.com. You will see a Give Now option on the homepage, as well as on the Be Involved/Stewardship page. There is also QR code, that may show up in our bulletin insert in the coming days.
- It’s a new year! Let’s restock the shelves. Please bring flour, sugar, mixes, canned goods, anything to restock the shelves of those in need.
- The craft and bake sale on December 8th brought in a total of $1,220.53 which will benefit Second Harvest Food Bank! Thank you to everyone who donated and bought from this event.
- Totals are in, in 2019 over 1,000 pounds of food was donated from CPC to the Food Shelf!
- The youth are seeking donations to fill care packages for our college students and military personnel. Ideas include: quarters, popcorn, hot cocoa, snacks, toothpaste, candy, etc. Please drop items outside the Youth/CE office on the lower level of the education wing by Friday, February 7! If you have a college student or active military in your family please send that current mailing information to Jennifer in the office for creating labels. Thank you!
- Please have news or an article for the February Chimes, please get that information to Jennifer by Monday, January 27.
- PSJC tip of the week:
Switch to LEDs to light your hearth.
- The code for the Pokegama Avenue door has been changed! That’s so contrary to Presbyterian ways, but the Trustees and Session have determined that changing the code from time to time will add to the security of the church.
- Please wear your nametag this Sunday, January 26.
- Interim Pastor, Rev. Dr. Cheryl Fleckenstein is now at CPC! She will be in the office today and tomorrow, Thursday, Jan 23 and will be leading worship this Sunday, Jan 26.
Sunday, January 26, February 9, March 8, April 26, May 10 and June 7.
Reverend Fleckenstein’s email address is:
The members of the Pastor Nominating Committee are hard at work during this transitional time. We are pleased to have Pastor Talley and now Pastor Cheryl with us during this process.
You are free to contact members of the PNC with any questions.
God’s Blessings to each of you!
Cheryl, Arlin, Mary, Jennifer, Darcy, Cheryl, Mary Jo, Betsy, and Vangie